This has made my day, week, month, YEAR!! I have only been blogging since Dec 18th, 2013. So to be receiving an award just makes me so happy and motivates me to keep blogging!! I originally received this on Jan. 23rd, 2014, I apologize for the delayed post!
The Sunshine Award was given to me by the lovely and wonderful Destini Mia from Uniquely Portable Magic. Seriously check out her page, it’s fantastic!! Destini, thank you for being so nice and helpful to me!! Being new to the concept of blogging and a little nervous, it’s nice to know that I had someone there to help me if I ever needed it. You have helped me when I didn’t know how to do something on WordPress, and your blog inspires me every time I look at it!! The continuous support you show me is greatly appreciated .♥
The Rules for The Sunshine Award:
∙ Display the Award on your Blog.
∙ Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
∙ Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
∙ Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
∙ Write 10 interesting things about you
And the nominees are:
*In no particular order! I chose blogs that I have saved in my bookmarks that I frequently visit*
Congratulations to you all!
You can choose if you want to accept this award or not.
10 interesting facts about me!
- I used to write poems and short stories. I’m hope to start writing again this year!
- I’ve always wanted to work at Teen Vogue magazine.♥
- I miss being a cheerleader and dancer daily.
- McDonald’s and I have a “I’ll eat you now but regret it later” kind of relationship.
- My friends tell me my life should be a reality TV show.
- I’m in love with the idea/concept of love.
- I’m scared of elevators and planes.
- I sometimes spell things the American way, I have no clue why! *side note: I don’t know what I would do without spellcheck*
- Yoga♥♥, you?!
- I love meeting new people. Seriously, it makes me happy getting to meet someone new! Doesn’t matter if they live close or far, when you meet someone and realize that you have things in common it just makes me smile :D.
I actually purchased these books after Boxing Day, can’t remember the exact date. But I didn’t get the chance to post them! So below are a couple of books I picked up from Chapters! They had a 30% hardcover sale and then their bargain book sale 🙂
- Mind Games (Mind Games, #1) by Kiersten White
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1 by John Vornholt
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 by Nancy Holder
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 3 by Christopher Golden
The books below got on sale!!
- The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey
- Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5) by Melissa Marr
- Carnival of Souls (Untamed City, #1) by Melissa Marr
- Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods, #4.5) by Melissa De La Cruz
Here is my short list of books that I’m excited to buy & read this year!! I could go into detail with every book but that would take too long, so each cover has a link to Goodreads.
- Come to Me Quietly (Closer to You, #1) by A.L. Jackson (January 7th, 2014)
- Forever with You (Fixed #3) by Laurelin Paige (January 13th, 2014)
- Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Series #1) by Rosamund Hodge (January 28th, 2014)
- Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer (February 4th, 2014)
- Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi (February 4th, 2014)
- Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White (February 18th, 2014)
- The Pairing (The Proposition #3) by Katie Ashley (February 28th, 2014)
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (March 4th, 2014)
- Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas & Jennifer Graham (March 25th, 2014)
- Dash of Peril (Love Undercover #4) by Lori Foster (March 25th, 2014)
- Twisted (Tangled #2) by Emma Chase (March 25th, 2014)
May June July December
- It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney #5) by Julie James (May 6th, 2014)
- Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo (June 3rd, 2014)
- Fireborn (Souls of Fire #1) by Keri Arthur (July 1st, 2014)
- Black Knight (Witch World #2) by Christopher Pike (December 2nd, 2014)
Anyone else looking forward to any of these books?
*This was originally posted by Lisa Likes Books, thank you Lisa!*
On Dec. 28th, 2013 I originally started going through my 2 bookcases with the intention of adding all the books that I own to Goodreads. This, as I have posted, turned out to be way too stressful! I got as far as 308 books and decided to stop, there is still about half of a bookshelf to add. Also, this list doesn’t include my ebooks (226)!! However, what I came to learn is that I own 204 books that I have not read!! I am notorious for always buying new books at Chapters, I can’t help myself!! Every time I go to Chapters or a bookstore, Because of this, I have created a 2014 goal, I want to read at least 50 books from the long list of 204 books that I own and haven’t read.
I am not going to list all 50 right now. But I’m hoping to start with 5 books per month and just go from there! BTW, this list include ebooks.
The simplest things make me happy. My goal for this year was to start making actually use of my Goodreads account, add people, talk about books, get recommendations and give recommendations, join groups, and join discussions. And I can happily say I’ve accomplished most of this!
I’ve joined a number of groups, but I found that it was hard to interact with people. But I’ve joined Buddy Read Zone and I love it!! I now have friends on Goodreads, which I didn’t think would ever happen. And the number of amazing people who I have mini conversations with about books is unreal. Oh how I just love Goodreads. Highly looking forward to all the new encounters for 2014!!
Ps. If you are not on Goodreads, I WITHOUT A DOUBT suggest joining! Especially the Buddy Read Zone group 🙂